Những thói quen, việc làm hằng ngày chính là điều ta tưởng chừng đã hiểu rõ nhất. Thế nhưng làm sao để gây ấn tượng với giám khảo với chủ đề Sleep & Daily Routine trong phần thi Speaking Part 1 đây? Cùng EBest tìm hiểu ngay nhé!
A. DAILY ROUTINE
- What is the busiest part of the day for you?
I have a full-time job from Monday to Saturday so I have to say that I have a lot on my plate. I get out of the house early in the morning and don’t come back until late in the evening. Sometimes I have more to work from home and even have to pull an all-nighter to deal with a lot of work.
- To have a lot on one’s plate/ One’s plate is full: Có rất nhiều thứ phải làm, cực kì bận rộn.
- To pull an all-nighter: Thức trắng đêm
- What part of your day do you like best?
As I said, I am as busy as a bee, so the moment I enjoy the most in a day would probably be when I can come back home to have dinner with my family. I don’t get to have meals with them very often so I really appreciate our quality time together.
- Be as busy as a bee: Bận rộn (như con ong chăm chỉ)
- Quality time: Thời gian chia sẻ với gia đình, bạn bè,…
- Do you usually have the same routine every day?
Pretty much yeah. I’ve still had the same routine since I was in middle school. I’m an early bird so I get up pretty early in the morning to do some exercise, have breakfast and then go to school or work. However, now that I have more free time on the weekends, I can make time to hang out with my buddies whereas in the past I usually had to go to different classes on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Early bird: Người dậy sớm, hoạt động chủ yếu vào ban ngày (Trái ngược với Night owl: Người hay thức khuya, sống về đêm)
- Hang out: Đi chơi
- Do you think it is important to have a daily routine?
If you ask me, I would say it is essential to have a daily routine since our bodies have biological clocks that can only work best by sticking to a fixed schedule. Some are early birds, others are night owls but only by following a routine can we prevent ourselves from getting shocked.
- Biological clock: Đồng hồ sinh học (của cơ thể)
- To stick to s.th: Bám sát, theo (một kế hoạch, lịch trình)
- What would you like to change in your daily routine?
Well I wish I could have more sleep at night. I only have like 4 – 5 hours each day for sleep and I often get sluggish and lethargic the next mornings. Sleep deprivation can lead to many health issues and negatively affect my living quality so I’m trying to rearrange my schedule just to get more hours of sleep.
Be sluggish/ lethargic: Thấy uể oải, lờ đờ, chậm chạp (khi mệt mỏi/ thiếu ngủ)
- What time do you go to bed?
I wish I could go to sleep at around 10p.m as that is usually when I’m totally worn out. However, since I am often snowed under with a lot of work, I cannot go to bed early and it’s not until 1 or 2 a.m can I get some sleep.
- Be worn out: Rất mệt mỏi, hết sức sống
- Be snowed under with (work): Bị nhiều việc đổ lên đầu (như tuyết), cực kì bận rộn
- Do you have a nap during the day?
Yes, I do. Taking a nap during the day has long been a habit of mine. Only 30 minutes of a nap can put me back on my feet after long hours of work. Some may find it funny to take naps when the sun is out but to me it’s the best way to recharge my batteries during the day.
- To put one back on one’s feet: Hồi phục (sau khi bệnh, mệt mỏi)
- To recharge one’s batteries: Nạp lại năng lượng cho bản thân
- Do you think sleep is important?
No doubt. People can live up to 3 weeks without eating but one can hardly survive if he/she doesn’t get to sleep at all for 3-4 days. Enough sleep helps people to concentrate, think clearly, and process memories efficiently.
Hardly: hiếm, khó lòng mà
- Do you like to get up early in the morning?
Yes, definitely. I am an early bird whose brain can only function perfectly in the morning. I get up at around 5:30 and have my running shoes on to cover some miles at the park nearby, then I go back to have breakfast and enjoy a cup of coffee before going to work.
To have one’s running shoes on/ To cover some miles: Chạy bộ/ đi bộ (tập thể dục)
- How to have a good sleep?
Well people have different ways to have a sound sleep. But to me, personally, I often cover some pages of novels and soon my eyes will get tired and I will fall asleep in no time. Another thing I do is listening to some light, lo-fi music as a background when I lay in bed. Music can really ease my body, my mind and it puts me to sleep easily.
- Sound sleep: Giấc ngủ ngon, yên bình
- To put s.o to sleep: Đưa ai đó vào giấc ngủ