Cuộc sống quanh ta tươi đẹp chắc hẳn là do sắc màu và những bông hoa tươi thắm làm nên. Vậy còn chờ đợi gì nữa mà không học ngay những cách diễn đạt miêu tả màu sắc, loài hoa yêu thích của bạn để chinh phục ngay những câu hỏi của IELTS Speaking Part 1 nhé.
1. What’s your favourite colour? [Why?]
Answer 1: Pink is my all-time favorite color and I’ve always been into this color ever since I was a little girl. I think pink represents something sweet and playful at the same time, which best describes my personality as a person. Plus, pink is that one color that utterly flatters my skin tone so I own a wide range of fashion items of this color as well.
- all-time favorite (adj/n): thích nhất (từ trước đến nay)
- to flatter (v): làm tôn lên vẻ đẹp
Answer 2: My favourite colour is black as it is always hip! You know, the color black really gives me that sense of intelligence and omnipotence, which are the traits I’d like to represent myself to the world. Additionally, wearing black is one of the best hacks for a person with a horizontal body shape like me to conceal my flaws, thus gives me more confidence whenever I’m out and about.
- be hip (adj – slang): ngầu, thời thượng, không lỗi mốt
- intelligence (n): sự thông minh
- omnipotence(n): sức mạnh, sự quyền lực
- horizontal body shape: dáng người to ngang
- to conceal (v): che giấu
- flaws (n): khuyết điểm
- be out and about: ra ngoài chơi
2. Do you like the same colours now as you did when you were younger? [Why/Why not?]
Well, I guess the colors I fancy are highly dependent on which phases of life that I am in. When I was younger, like around 5 or 6, I was crazy over the color pink, as it was a part of every little girl’s fantasy world. I asked my mom to buy anything that is pink so I had a whole collection of pink items in my bedroom. However, as I grow, I come to realize that pink doesn’t suit me anymore because it may be too vibrant while I am now more into some basic colors like beige, black and white. They are much easier on the eyes and I can wear those colors on a daily basis without having anyone staring at me.
- to fancy s.th (v): thích gì đó
- phases of life (n): những giai đoạn của cuộc đời
- be crazy over s.o/ s.th: phát cuồng vì ai/ điều gì
- vibrant (adj): sống động, sắc nét, nổi bật (màu sắc)
- be easy on the eyes: ưa nhìn
3. What can you learn about a person from the colours they like?
I believe the choice of colours can reveal, not everything for sure, but some certain traits about a person’s characteristics. For instance, people who are keen on black are often artistic and sensitive and those who are into red are more energetic, open-minded and creative. More scientifically speaking, the choice of colours defines someone’s preference and could be used to speculate his/her experience or even future life.
- to reveal (v): tiết lộ
- trait (n): đức tính
- scientifically speaking (adv): Nói một cách khoa học là…
- to speculate (v): suy đoán
4. Do any colours have a special meaning in your culture?
White is considered the symbol of peace and purity. In contrast, black represents something gloomy and dark, which is oftentimes avoided in many special occasions due to the bad luck it may bring. Green can be interpreted as vitality and fresh energy while yellow is the color of victory and happiness. All in all, I guess each of Asian cultural aspect is closely attached to a certain color and this also means each color has at least one special meaning to it.
- peace and purity (n): sự bình yên và tinh khôi
- gloomy (adj): ảm đạm
- be interpreted (passive): được hiểu là, được dịch là
- vitality (n): sức sống
- be closely attached to s.o/ s.th: gắn liền với ai/ điều gì
1. Do you like to have flowers in your home? [Why/Why not?]
What an interesting question! Well, sure. Like a lot of people, I love the beauty of flowers and I often decorate my house with sunflowers – my all-time favorite. I think sunflowers with their bright color of yellow can really brighten up my house, create that sense of positivity and happiness among our family members.
- brighten up (v): làm sáng
2. Where would you go to buy flowers? [Why?]
Well, if I wanted to buy some roses or sunflowers, you know, just for basic home decoration, I’d just have to pay a flying visit to the local market within a walking distance from my house. But if it’s a special occasion that needs to be more well-prepared, I will definitely go for something more significant like a huge mixed bouquet of daisies, cosmos or lilies, which can only be found in flower shops with a higher price range.
- to pay a flying visit (to somewhere): đi nhanh tới đâu đó
- be within a walking distance from somewhere: rất gần đâu đóbe
- be well-prepared (adj): cần chuẩn bị kĩ lưỡng
- to go for s.th (v): chọn cái gì đó
- bouquet (n): bó hoa
3. On what occasions would you give someone flowers?
It is safe to say that flowers can be given as a gift on almost all occasions. Flowers, undoubtedly, are considered a sign of appreciation, particularly to women, so I often buy my mom flowers on women’s day, mother’s day or her birthday. And as a norm, I would give flowers to my friends, implying my best wishes to them on their graduation ceremony, wedding parties or even when they’re in the hospital.
- It is safe to say that…:có thể nói khẳng định rằng
- sign of appreciation (n): biểu tượng của sự trân trọng, cảm kích
4. Are flowers important in your culture? [Why/Why not?]
You can say that. Flowers are probably an integral part of our culture because of their versatility. Flowers represent pure beauty and good fortune, bringing not only aesthetic but also sentimental values to both the givers and receivers. They are pleasant to just gaze at, helping us to ease our minds thus definitely enhance our sense of well-being.
- be integral (adj): cực kì quan trọng, không thể thiếu
- versatility (n): tính đa năng
- aesthetic values (n): giá trị nghệ thuật
- sentimental values (n): giá trị tinh thần
- to gaze at s.th (v): ngắm nhìn gì đó
- sense of well-being (n): cảm giác vui sướng, hạnh phúc
Sau khi học được những cách diễn đạt tuy đơn giản mà cực kì gây ấn tượng này về chủ đề COLORS và FLOWERS, EBest tin rằng các bạn đã có thể tự tin chinh phục IELTS Speaking Part 1 rồi phải không nào?