Trong bài viết ngày hôm nay, EBest đưa đến cho các bạn những câu trả lời cực xịn về chủ đề Media. Cùng xem và lấy giấy bút ra note lại ngay những cụm từ, cách diễn đạt siêu hay nhé!
1. How often do you watch television? [Why/Why not?]
When I was younger I was a real couch potato who would binge watch hundreds of TV shows on a daily basis while scarfing down chips and burgers. However, as I grow older, the TV doesn’t seem to grab much of my attention since there’s much more to offer on the Internet. Therefore, I don’t really get to watch TV often unless there is a solid reason to do so.
- couch potato (n): người lười biếng (ngồi trên ghế bất động giống như củ khoai tây)
- binge watch (v): xem phim (hoặc nội dung gì đó) liên tục không ngừng nghỉ trong một thời gian dài.
2. Which television channel do you usually watch? [Why?]
Some of the channels that I sometimes flick through are Discovery, HBO and some news channels. I watch Discovery mainly because I’d like to know more about the most amazing things in the world, and I really need to keep myself updated about current social affairs and television broadcasts seem to be the only reliable source of information.
- flick through (v): lướt qua
- keep oneself updated about s.th: cập nhật tin tức về điều gì
3. Do you enjoy the advertisements on television? [Why/Why not?]
No, of course not. It really annoys me when the ads keep popping out in front of my face when I am in the middle of my favorite show, particularly in prime time. Moreover, I think advertisments are just deceiving people into buying things they don’t really need.
- popping out (v): nhảy ra
- in the middle of s.th: trong lúc làm gì đó
- prime time (n): giờ vàng
- deceive (v): lừa
4. Do you think most programmes on television are good? [Why/Why not?]
If you ask me, I do think so. Unlike the Internet, where anyone can easily express their ideas and opinion on a subjective stance, TV programs oftentimes go under severe inspection as well as censorship to make sure they are culturally and morally appropriate when broadcasted. Some even offer educational aspects, so all in all, I do think most TV programs nowadays are up to scratch.
- inspection (n): sự kiểm tra, giám sát
- censorship (n): sự kiểm duyệt
- up to scratch: có thể chấp nhận được
Newspapers and Magazines
1. Which magazines and newspapers do you read? [Why?]
Answer: Well I don’t really read traditional newspapers anymore as I can now keep myself updated about social affairs using the online platform. You know, there are quite a few websites that I can get information from and the one I frequent the most is VN Express – the official national press. That is one of the most reliable sources of information as it is strictly regulated by the government.
- keep myself updated about s.th: cập nhật thông tin
- quite a few: nhiều (giống như many)
- frequent (v): ghé thăm thường xuyên
2. What kinds of article are you most interested in? [Why?]
I fancy articles about maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I am personally a health-conscious person so I’d love to know more about healthy food recipes as well as playing sports. I often look for these kinds of contents online so that I can reap more benefits from them for a healthier, happier life.
- health-conscious (adj): có ý thức bảo vệ sức khoẻ
- reap (v): lấy được
3. Have you ever read a newspaper or magazine in a foreign language? [When/Why?]
You bet. As an English learner, I often read news articles or watch news videos in English. This helps me to improve my English profficiency and expand my horizon as well. As I am not an avid reader who can digest a 200-paged book in a few days, reading news articles is a great alternative.
- avid reader: người thích đọc
- alternative (n): phương pháp thay thế
4. Do you think reading a newspaper or magazine in a foreign language is a good way to learn the language? [Why/Why not?]
I couldn’t agree more. Reading foreign language contents allows us to expand our vocabulary range as well as fully understand the context in which the words are used. Reading news in a foreign language is one of the most effective ways to improve your language skills and it is also highly recommended by language experts.
- vocabulary range (n): vốn từ vựng
Vậy là chúng ta đã học qua những cách diễn đạt cực xịn về chủ đề Media. Lấy giấy bút ra note lại ngay nhé!